Happy National Pizza Day!
Thick crust, thin crust, Brooklyn style, Chicago style, pizza rolls, pizza dip, white sauce, red sauce, no sauce (!?), gluten-free, vegetarian, meat-lovers, triangle cut, square cut, PINEAPPLE?
How do you like your pizza?
Today I'm sharing an Indian inspired pizza. This pizza comes from the menu of a pizza place that used to be in my neighborhood. They've sadly moved to San Antonio and taken all the pizza with them. I was even painted on their wall! C'mon ROME'S, I thought we had something special!
So now that I'd have to travel for at least 90 minutes to get this pizza, I make it at home. It's really fairly simple and it has something that sounds so interesting and exotic- Curry Raisin Oil.
Making the oil is super simple; you just put a few tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, curry powder (to taste), and a sprinkle of golden raisins in a small pot and let it simmer on low for 5 minutes. The raisins will rehydrate from the oil and everything gets a little sweet curry flavor- it's delicious.
Once the Curry Raisin Oil is made these pizzas come together in no time. Much faster than driving to San Antonio! So, how do you like your pizza? Are you a traditional pizza lover or are you adventurous? Let me know in the comments below!
Indian Inspired Pizza
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Yellow Curry Powder
Garlic Naan - 1 piece per person
1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
Green Bell Pepper sliced thin
Jalapeno Pepper sliced thin
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Red Onion sliced thin *optional*
Curry Raisin Oil
Combine 1/4 cup of EVOO with 1 tablespoon of yellow curry powder in a small saucepan or skillet. Add a sprinkle to a handful of golden raisins and whisk all together to combine. Let simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes until the raisins have plumped up and it smells all curry-y and delicious. Remove from heat and let cool.
Build your Naan Pizza
Brush the cooled Curry Raisin Oil on each Naan piece. Don't be shy, get generous with it.
Add your toppings to your liking- chickpeas, sliced peppers, jalapenos (leave the ribs/seeds in for a little spice), shredded cheese, and sliced onion if you like.
Bake/Toast in a toaster oven at 400*F for about 10 minutes or until your cheese has melted, the chickpeas are toasty looking, and the Naan has crisped on the outside.
I brushed mine with some extra oil before eating... because I'm extra.
Check out all the other great National Pizza Day Recipes:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Pan Pizza with Turkey Sausage from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Copycat Domino's Pepperoni and Sausage Pan Pizza from Daily Dish Recipes
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Dill Pickle Pizza from Kate's Recipe Box
- Goat Cheese and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- I Give You My Heart Pizza from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Inspired Pizza from The Foodette & Family
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Pizza Pull Aparts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Breakfast Pizza from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures